– Ganesh Chaturthi is a Hindu festival that celebrates the birth of Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed god of wisdom, prosperity, and good fortune.
– It is one of the most popular festivals in India, and is celebrated with great enthusiasm and devotion.
– Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated for 10 days, and falls on the fourth day (chaturthi) of the month of Bhadrapada in the Hindu calendar.
– During the festival, people bring clay idols of Lord Ganesha into their homes and temples, and worship them.
– On the 10th day, the idols are immersed in rivers or lakes, marking the end of the festival.